The dosha that represents the earth and water forces according to the ayurvedic construct of the universe; Kapha is the densest of the elements and is related to organic tissues, fluids, and other substances.
What Kapha should eat?
Kapha should focus on eating more of the pungent, astringent, and Bitter testes, ie: leafy greens, lentils, dried beans, pomegranates, potatoes, apples, and spices are good choices for you. ...is heavy, moist, and cool. That increases Kapha and decreases Vata and Pitta.
Kapha: corrected weight. Increased Energy. Decreased Congestion
Kapha governs all structure and lubrication in the mind and body. It controls weight, growth, lubrication for the joints and lungs, and formation of all the seven tissues-nutritive fluids, blood, fat, muscles, bones, marrow and reproductive tissues.
Do you need to balance Kapha?
Kapha dosha governs structure and fluid balance in the body. Answer this question to see if you need Kapha.
- Do you tend to be overweight?
- Do you experience sinus problems?
- Are your skin and hair oily?
- Do you experience congestion?
Tips for Balance Kapha
- All Kapha products: drink organic Kapha Tea and season meals with Organic Kapha Churna;
- Vigorous regular exercise, a little each day.
- Warm temperatures.
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, and legumes.
- Favor pungent, bitter, astringent tastes and light, dry and warm foods.
- Reduce heavy, oily, cold foods and sweet, sour and salty tastes.
- Seek out variety and new experiences.
- Stay warm in cold, damp weather.
- Early to bed, early to rise.
1.Dairy. Low-fat milk is better. Always boil milk before you drink it which makes it easier to digest and take it warm. Do not take milk with a full meal or with sour or salty food. You might add one or two pinches of turmeric or ginger to whole milk before boiling it to help reduce any Kapha-increasing qualities in the milk.
- Fruit. Lighter fruits, such as apples and pear, are better.
- Sweeteners. Honey is excellent for reducing Kapha, Reduce sugar products, as these increase Kapha.
5. Reduce all nuts.
6. Spaces, All are fine, except for salt. It increases Kapha.
7.Grains. Do not take too much Wheat or rice, as they increase Kapha.
8.Vegetables. All are fine, except tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet potatoes and Zucchini. They all increase Kapha.
Tarpaka Kapha: Moisture for nose, mouth, eyes, and brain.
Bhodaka Kapha: Sense of taste, which is essential for good digestion.
Kledaka Kapha: Moisture of the stomach lining for good digestion.
Avalambaka Kapha: Protects the heart, strong muscles, healthy lungs.
Shleshaka Kapha: Lubrication of the joints, soft and supple skin.
Kapha out of balance
Tarpaka Kapha: Sinus congestion, poor sense of smell.
Bhodaka Kapha: Poor sense of taste, food cravings due to lack of fulfillment.
Kledaka Kapha: Impaired digestion, poor absorption.
Avalambaaka Kapha: Lethargy, respiratory problems, lower back pain.
Shleshaka Kapha: Weight gain, oily skin, loose or painful joints.